Urbanization, global trade and climate change have contributed to the establishment of exotic ad invasive pests and diseases in Europe. Emerging pests and diseases increase the risk hazard in planted forests. Prevention and monitoring tools are required to decrease the risk.
Tools and risk management plans
Emerging pest and diseases risk workshop: Towards early warning detection methods
25 January 2018 in Oeiras (Portugal)
This workshop is part of the series of transnational training workshops organised by the PLURIFOR project. Transnational training workshops aim to exchange know-how about forest risk management between partners and associated partners of the project.
Reports describing how the emerging pests and diseases risk was managed in the concerned regions at the beginning of the project, in 2016:
- Forest risk management in Aquitaine (2016) (in French)
- Forest risk management in the Basque Country (2016) (in Spanish)
- Forest risk management in Portugal (2016) (in Portuguese)
Report summarising the management of the eight risks in the concerned regions at the beginning of the project, in 2016:
- Aquitaine: Hervé Jactel (INRA) – herve.jactel @ inra.fr – coordinator
- Basque country: Alejandro Cantero (HAZI) – acantero @ hazi.eus
- Basque country: Amaia Ortiz (NEIKER) – aortizb @ neiker.eus
- Portugal: Manuela Branco (ISA) – mrbranco @ isa.ulisboa.pt